"If we are to retain a role as partners with our machines, we must continue to nurture the wellsprings of our creativity...This humanities-technology intersection helped to create the human-machine symbiosis that is at the core of the next phase of the digital revolution."- Walter Isaacson
RESEARCH AND COORDINATE.
Critically Evaluated AIS* Ethics Resources
* AIS is further defined in About Us.
We use the term AIS to mean any artificial intelligence-AI-based component, software and/or hardware (whether embedded or stand alone, artificial or autonomous).
Our standards, laws, and guides are all critically evaluated using the PRISMA method (adapted from the medical domain). See METHODS for more detail.
Standards, laws, experts, guides
CHALLENGES IN AIS ETHICS? Qualified ethics resources that are better aligned to human ethical values will allow for an elevated level of trust between humans and technology.
- [Action required] Your RSS.app Trial has Expired - Thu Jul 09 2020 July 9, 2020Your trial has expired. Please update your subscription plan at rss.app.rss.app
- NIST Awards $50 Million in Funding to Help Manufacturers Respond to the Pandemic July 8, 2020GAITHERSBURG, Md. — The U.S. Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has awarded a total of $50 million in emergency funding to support U.S. manufacturers in their response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The fundingSarah Henderson
- NIST Kick-Starts ‘Threshold Cryptography’ Development Effort July 7, 2020A new publication by cryptography experts at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) proposes the direction the technical agency will take to develop a more secure approach to encryption. This approach, called threshold cryptographySarah Henderson
- Tackling targeted ads and algorithms: RDR releases methodology for 2020 June 8, 2020From friends’ status updates, to messages from political candidates, to regular old ads, what we see on the internet today is rarely left to chance. Online and on our digital devices, technology companies track our every move, collecting troves of information about us that can be used to influence what we buy, how we vote, […]Amy Brouillette
- To stem misinformation online, Congress must address targeted advertising: New RDR report May 27, 2020As the country struggles to respond to COVID-19 and the 2020 elections approach, misinformation on social media abounds, posing a public health threat and a threat to our democracy. In RDR’s new report, “Getting to the Source of Infodemics: It’s the Business Model,” RDR Senior Policy Analyst Nathalie Maréchal, Director Rebecca MacKinnon, and I examine […]Jessica Dheere
- Border-Peeling Clustering July 6, 2020
- Neural Sensors: Learning Pixel Exposures for HDR Imaging and Video Compressive Sensing With Programmable Sensors July 6, 2020
- Adversarial Learning of Structure-Aware Fully Convolutional Networks for Landmark Localization July 6, 2020
- SweepCam — Depth-Aware Lensless Imaging Using Programmable Masks July 6, 2020
- Malleable Structure Makes Robot Arm More Versatile July 8, 2020A robot arm that you can bendEvan Ackerman
- The Privatization of Puerto Rico's Power Grid Is Mired in Controversy July 8, 2020Nearly three years after Hurricane Maria, the island's grid remains vulnerable and brittleMaria Gallucci
For More Information on this BETA MVP portal..
Gisele Waters, Ph.D
Researcher & Curator
Ali Hessami, Ph.D
We are a USA & UK coordinated partnership thus far…
Stay tuned for more…