"If we are to retain a role as partners with our machines, we must continue to nurture the wellsprings of our creativity...This humanities-technology intersection helped to create the human-machine symbiosis that is at the core of the next phase of the digital revolution."- Walter Isaacson
SEARCH. READ. COORDINATE.
Critically Evaluated AIS* Ethics Resources
* AIS is further defined in About Us.
We use the term AIS to mean any artificial intelligence-AI-based component, software and/or hardware (whether embedded or stand alone, artificial or autonomous).
Our standards, laws, and guides are all critically evaluated using the PRISMA method (adapted from the medical domain). See METHODS for more detail.
Standards, laws, experts, guides
CHALLENGES IN AIS ETHICS? Qualified ethics resources that are better aligned to human ethical values will allow for an elevated level of trust between humans and technology.
- [Action required] Your RSS.app Trial has Expired - Sun Apr 05 2020 April 5, 2020Your trial has expired. Please update your subscription plan at rss.app.rss.app
- General Access Control Guidance for Cloud Systems: Draft NIST SP 800-210 is Available for Comment April 1, 2020NIST requests comments on Draft Special Publication (SP) 800-210, General Access Control Guidance for Cloud Systems, which presents an initial step toward understanding security challenges in cloud systems by analyzing the access control (AC)Thelma A. Allen
- Now Open: NICE K12 Cybersecurity Education Conference 2020 Call for Presentations April 1, 20206th Annual NICE K12 Cybersecurity Education Conference Call for Presentations: Open April 1 – June 12, 2020 The 2020 NICE K12 Cybersecurity Education Conference Planning Committee is seeking timely and thought-provoking K12 cybersecurity educationLaura Hatzes
- Policymakers must focus on surveillance-based business models: New RDR report March 17, 2020As the 2020 U.S. presidential campaign continues amid a pandemic with no precedent in living memory, politicians on both sides of the aisle are understandably eager to hold major internet companies accountable for the spread of disinformation, hate speech, and other problematic content. Unfortunately, their proposals focus on pressuring companies to purge their platforms of […]Jessica Dheere
- RDR pilot study underscores the need for rights-based standards in targeted advertising and algorithmic systems March 16, 2020Algorithms now shape nearly every facet of our digital lives. They collect and process vast amounts of user data, compiling sophisticated profiles about every user. They categorize us according to our demographics, behaviors, location data. They also make assumptions about our likes and dislikes, also known as inferred data. Then they monetize our digital dossiers […]Jessica Dheere
- The three challenges keeping cars from being fully autonomous April 23, 2019Technical, regulatory, and business obstacles are still in the way of safe, useful, and affordable self-driving vehicles.
- Ready for 6G? How AI will shape the network of the future April 19, 2019With 5G networks rolling out around the world, engineers are turning their attention to the next incarnation.
- 2020 COMPSAC CFP April 3, 2020
- Table of Contents April 3, 2020
- Large-Scale Urban Reconstruction with Tensor Clustering and Global Boundary Refinement April 3, 2020
- RefineNet: Multi-Path Refinement Networks for Dense Prediction April 3, 2020
- Video Friday: This Omnidirectional Drone Flies Using 12 Tiltable Propellers April 3, 2020Your weekly selection of awesome robot videosEvan Ackerman
- Hall Effect for Sensing and Materials Characterization April 3, 2020Learn about the Hall Effect and its use in characterizing new materials.
For More Information on this BETA MVP portal..
Gisele Waters, Ph.D
Researcher & Curator
Ali Hessami, Ph.D
We are a USA & UK coordinated partnership thus far…
Stay tuned for more…